Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Name the Blog Contest (Seriously)


            I had an appointment today with my new orthopedist, the one who set my wrist at the emergency room two weeks ago. As I was filling out the usual forms, I suddenly found myself stumped by a little three letter word with a blank space next to it: “age_____.” 
            Hmmmm… At 60 minus three days, could I still say I’m 59?
            More to the point, did I even want to?
            I feel I like I’ve been on the verge of 60 forever. Yes, I know, it’s only been 57 days, but it’s been a long 57 days. I guess that’s what happens when you write a blog called “60 days to 60.”  Not that I’m complaining, especially not about this blog. If anything, I’ve come to think of this blog as a 60th birthday present I’ve given myself.  I’ve been surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed writing these posts (well, most of them anyway). And I’ve been even more surprised and gratified by your reaction. I thank all of you for your kind, appreciative words and for coming along with me on this 60-day journey.
            But now what?
            The only reason I started this blog is because I came up with the name. “60 days to 60” struck me as such a catchy title, and I figured that if I didn’t use it right away, I couldn’t use it at all. And so I did.
            But I can’t keep blogging about the 60 days to 60 once I turn 60.  It just doesn’t make sense.  
            So this is where you come in.
            I need a new name. The old name just doesn’t work anymore, and I haven’t been able to think of a new one.
            What should I call the sequel to 60 days to 60?  You tell me! Please….
            Send your best suggestions to this blog or email them kaferkathy@gmail.com.
            Best entry wins a (slighted used) CD: The Ultimate Rock & Roll 60s Collection. Featuring Martha & The Vandellas, Neil Sedaka, Ricky Nelson, The Supremes and the Beach Boys.
            Oh by the way, the orthopedist said my wrist is healing nicely. He took off the hard cast and gave me a splint.
            Now get to work.



2 comments:

  1. Dearest KK, Happy 60th to you. What a great way to welcome your next decade. I've loved them all, especially w the added connection of knowing the back stories and almost being able to hear your voice as i read them.
    I confess, i just read all of April's and am just learning about your wrist! Glad you're healing well. And I cried a little over 4/15th. So true.
    You are an amazing woman and a great writer and story teller. I hope you continue: how about a weekly update? Love you! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday plus one, Kathy! I,too, have been delighting in your blogs. They are warm, funny, and wise - just like you! Hope your birthday was lovely - and may this year be one of health, growth and joy! Here's to 120!
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete